The "Team" is a virtual space where you can register products and invite members to collaborate on managing inventory. Typically, companies create one team for their operations. However, if you manage inventory in multiple locations, different teams can be created for each location.
BoxHero supports two types of teams:
Location Mode. You need to select the mode when creating a team, and it cannot be modified once the team is created.
The Location Mode is used when the same product is stored in multiple locations. You can transfer products between locations and check the total inventory and quantities by each location. The example cases are as follows.
- Product A is stored in distinct 1st-floor and 2nd-floor warehouses, enabling precise inventory tracking per floor.
- Products can be categorized and managed based on various statuses, including normal or defective.
- The quantity of products exported and subsequently returned can be tracked effectively.
If each product is stored in a designated location, you can incorporate "location" as a category in the basic mode and record the respective location for each product.
Products are the basic units for inventory management. You can create
productsand register their name, barcode, photo, and product attributes as a category.
- Product Name
- Barcode (Number or text): If the barcode is not available, it can be automatically generated.
- Category: You can set customized attributes such as brand, manufacturer, color, size, etc. as "category."
- Quantity: You can modify quantity using the
Movefunctions are used when there is a change in inventory quantity.
- Stock In: The function is used to record the inbound stocks.
- Stock Out: The function is used to record the outbound stocks.
- Adjust: The function is used to record inventory level adjustments resulting from reasons other than Stock In or Stock Out such as losses or damages.
- Move: The function is used to record inventory transfer between different locations (on the Location Mode).